Monday, May 14, 2012

Trend Tribe!!

Our friend and fan Christie Moeller, a stylist, writer, makeup artist, all around great gal, wrote up this amazing list of "summer must haves" for Trend Tribe.   Look your best this summer with these amazing products!

Summer Beauty Must-Haves

1 Comment 14 May 2012
With 15 years of Fashion Styling under my belt, I have been privileged enough to work with many amazing, unique and talented people. One of the biggest questions I am asked is “What are your typical days like?” Well, to put it simply, my days are crazy. I work between 10-14 hours a day and my days involve A LOT of waiting around then rush, rush, rush hurry-and-eat then rush,rush, rush some more.
I usually arrive on set in the wee hours of the morning, get the clothing steamed and laid out according to the shots we will be doing, then I sit and I wait during the 1 1/2 to 2 hour time frame that it takes to get the model’s hair and makeup done.
This is always one of the best parts of the day, we chat, catch-up with each other, answer emails, tweet and best of all share our current fashion and beauty obsessions, tips and tricks.
These morning “beauty think-tank’s” have become a happy ritual on set and through them I have picked up some incredible insider makeup tips plus learned about the hottest beauty products out there from some of the world’s top makeup artists, celebrities and fashion models.
I am so excited to join The Trend Tribe as a contributor and thought it only fitting that for my first piece I share a little of this beauty wisdom with you.
Beat the Heat with my TOP 10 Beauty Must-Haves for Summer.
1. Omorvicza BB Cream. BB Creams have been causing quite a stir lately in the beauty industry as they make their way to the U.S. from Asian countries, where they are already all the rage. Think of this as the Swiss Army Knife of beauty Products. It’s a moisturizer, sunscreen, light foundation, concealer, and anti-aging cream all-in-one. Light and fresh its perfect for summer.
2. Prtty Peaushun Skin Tight Body Lotion. Hands down one of the most amazing products EVER! Prtty Peaushun evens out skin tone, enhances muscles, and firms skin to give you an overall glow. It contains light reflecting particles that give a beautiful glow and serves to camouflage imperfections while defining muscles, giving a sexy slimmer silhouette. Um yeah, they had me at skin firming.

3. B the Product Sun Out. Most people don’t think about it but your hair needs sun protecting just as much as your skin does. This ingenious sun protecting leave in conditioner from celebrity hair expert Brandon Martinez protects your hair from sun damage. Its light and packed full of vitamins that are great for your hair. Take it along to the beach or pool and spray in your hair throughout the day to protect your hair color.

4. Collyre Bleu Eye Drops. These are a makeup artists secret weapon! For years we had to wait until a model or makeup artist traveled out of the country to stock us all up on them but now finally they are available in the US. Collyre Blue Eye Drops instantly clear up eyes that are red and irritated and leave them a dazzling shade of white.

5. Deborah Lippmann Smooth Operator. Our hands take a beating in the summer and we aren’t always able to keep to our manicure schedule. The Smooth Operator is a super sleek 4 way nail buffer. It has 4 numbered steps you follow to give your nails a clean polished look in minutes with no polish or drying time!
6. Kate Sommerville Sommerville360 Tanning Towelettes. If you can’t tone it ladies then tan it! I take really good care of my skin and I try to limit my time outdoors, thus you wont see me sun bathing at the beach but I don’t want to spend the summer looking like something from a Twilight Movie. I have tried it all spray tans, foams, lotions, etc and I finally found something that works! These convenient towelette are individually wrapped, go on evenly and give you a gorgeous golden glow with no streaking.
7. Caudalie Beauty Elixer. Keeping your skin hydrated in the summer especially for models who are having tons of heavy makeup applied and removed each day, can be difficult. Introduced to me by one of my favorite models, this part toner part essential oil serum is the perfect thing to wake your face up! Spritz throughout the day for a pick-me-up that won’t destroy your makeup.
8. Eye Dews. If you haven’t tried these. Buy them now. Seriously, you will thank me. Perfect for reducing puffiness from tired eyes or eyes that just watched tear filled a Lifetime movie marathon.
9. Deborah Lippmann Waking up in Vegas. Yeah everyone has a signature scent but do you have a signature nail lacquer? Mine is (of course) Waking up in Vegas by the amazing Deborah Lippmann. The perfect putty grey.
10. 3 FLOZ. The most ah-mazing website! No need to down size before a trip. 3FLOZ is a one stop shop for all of your favorite beauty products in TSA friendly sizes! They will ship to you or directly to your hotel, whichever makes your traveling easier.
Hope you enjoyed my insider info! Now you’ll be glowing like a model all summer long!
-Christie

Click here to visit Trend Tribe:: http://www.thetrendtribe.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment